Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Life is so good it hurts.

So as long as I can remember, or at least as long as I have been a mom, (same thing) I have had to deal with Fibro.  I wake up, put my feet on the ground, and pain.

I have been going to Total Healthcare for over a month now, and I have had a 24 day streak of no pain (I am actually guessing at that number because I dont' feel like counting the days) 

This weekend, I went dancing to the 80s (Brat Pack Radio, is the BEST) for 3 hours,  This next morning I went for a very long walk.  I just couldn't have done that 5 weeks ago.  THEN I put up all the Christmas decorations, and went to the gym, albeit a bit sore.  This is the stuff of normal people, so if you don't know what fibro does to you, and you do think I am crazy for bragging about doing normal stuff, then just be glad you know only what you know. 

I, on the other hand, was thrilled to have a normal weekend.  That being said, Sunday night and Monday for the first part of the day, whoa... I was a hurting unit.  That is ok, because it was 1 day in a month, not so bad, and I hurt because of what I did, not because I existed.  So, I kept rolling.

Life is good, I recognize that, but it is a marathon, not a sprint.  I have to get through the bad days, to have more good days.  I have to push through.  I will.  I am.  I am so excited about that. 

The diet plan is going, but my dang gone will power could use a kick in the butt!  I developed a new menu for the week, and I am hopeful.

The problem is that Gary is only allergic to fish, and I am not.  I have intolerances to many of the foods he loves.  So I will start grocery shopping for my foods.  I also am going to have my food prepared from the night before.  That way, when life gets crazy I don't do somethign stupid and eat something I am intolerant too.



No comments:

Post a Comment