Wednesday, December 5, 2012

New Life...now a coach...

So, we have covered, me from misery (and doubt) to a nearly pain free living and BELIEVING.  I believe in Total Healthcare.  The website doesn't talk about chronic pain or fibromyalgia, but they knew just what to do with me.  It was not a cookie cutter program either, they took my situation and applied the right treatment.

Enough with my commercial. :) 

Now that I live a near pain free life, I need to learn to manage this new life.  I have to change the way I eat because that truly affects my pain and discomfort.  I also need to get fit. 

The hard part is grocery shopping and meal planning. 
My diet is restricted and I am on a 4 day rotation diet.  (click the link to learn more)
I have heard along my journey of life that if I cut gluten I'd be better, or if I cut dairy....
I tried those, but didn't get better.  That is because each person has an individual make up, and each person has intolerances (everyone does).  However, for me, I have to avoid, gluten, wheat, corn, turkey, leaf lettuce, sweet potoato, egg yolk, Olive, safflower, soy, and all milk (goat too) products. 

You can go gluten free, that is actually pretty easy, but those gluten free products have corn or soy.  So trying to find products without corn, soy or gluten is proving to be difficult.

No dairy and no olive, makes salad dressings interesting.  I am experimenting. Trying to figure it all out.  It isn't perfect yet, but it is better.

I'm going to start posting some recipes and meals that are working out for me.  So stay tuned.

So, I have this friend, let's call her Carrie, cuz that is her name.  She is in amazing shape, and she is a great friend.  She is going to take me on as her "project".  We are going to be putting a plan together to help me get fit.  She said it isn't going to be fun, and she is going to be tough on me.  She asked me my commitment level and I told her a 10.  I am ready to be fit.  She is going to help me.  I have given her the title of "Life Coach" She has 11 months to coach me into fitness.

Fibro is nearly 100% better.  Food intolerances uncovered.  The last thing...is Carrie.  I am ready!  I'll keep you posted along the journey.

Going forward, this blog will report my fibro/pain wellness, food and menu items and my fitness.  This blog is about my total healthcare! 

Best day to you.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Ben! Question, does Barnstormer have a gluten free option? Eitehr way, I'd like to feature both the Snugg and Barnstormer on my blog. Let's chat...

      Delete
  2. I SOOOO love that you have gotten to the bottom of your pain, and are re-entering the life of the living! So proud of you Heidi for committing to a trainer...that's brave! I am so excited to watch your transformation, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I have had Fibro for 6 years and would love to find out if avoiding certain foods would help. How did you find out what you need to avoid? Allergist? I would love to know what I am sensitive to but with 3 kiddos and being a business owner, it is difficult to do an elimination diet route....thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine,
      I took the ALCAT test. It is available at some Chiropractors and Total Health clinics. It was worth it to me. I can totally relate to what you are saying with the kids. I wish you the best!!!

      Delete