Thursday, November 8, 2012

Diet Change...dun, dun, dun...

So I have two more days under my belt without Fibro pain!  Unbelievable!  I do still get the headaches and neck pain but today I woke up to no nausea!  Thank God!!!  That really was the pits. 

I am feeling better on the whole.  Last night I was productive and helped my husband with a few chores that usually fall into his category.  I felt great just knowing that I could help.  I am usually so wiped out by the end of the day that I just plop down.  Not last night.  I felt normal.  I feel normal.  My neck has some fixing to do, but I am feeling better.  I am still suffering with some fatigue and lack of energy but that will come.

So yesterday I got my diet change.  I got this long list of foods, molds, vitamins, medicines that I am sensitive too.  It really is a lot to take in.  So many things I am used to eating or hearing that they are good for you, are not good for me.  I did go shopping yesterday to get myself some options for this week.  I started on my new food plan right away yesterday.  I know my husband and kids are going to need some time to get used to the foods so I'll introduce them to them in smaller amounts until it becomes more normal.

Here are my major changes: Gluten and Casein/Dairy free, but then other things, like turkey, chicken, olives (YIKES), vinegar, strawberries, and lettuce.  All these things are giving me reactions.  Brewer's yeast (there goes the beer), and polyphenols (no red wine).  I am looking into see what libations I am allowed to have, thinking that hard apple cider may work out for me.  :)  I have a half hour consultation to review my results and help answer those tricky questions, like if I can't have diary or olive oil, what can i dress my salad with. 

Lots of new foods to enjoy and explore.  No more packaged foods, because of the MSG and preservatives.  No fried foods (no brainer, but dangit)

Its going to be an adventure.  It will also be hard, but honestly living with Fibromyalgia is harder and if this and the new stretching exercises I am doing will heal me, then I will suffer eating natural, whole foods the way God intended them to be eaten.  :)

I am also looking forward to the weight loss that I am guaranteed will take place.  Most people who are overweight and obese are actually eating foods that they are intolerant too, that is why they can't seem to lose the weight.  I truly believe this.  I don't eat any worse than the next gal, but I seem to have a hard time losing the weight.  From what I've learned, it is because I am eating foods that are causing my inflammattion, then my body isn't aborbing the nutrients and thus holding onto more than it needs.  i also could move a bit more.  :)  Which I have started doing as well.  Per my doctors recommendations, i am starting out slowly and not jumping into some old Army workout plan that I could do a thousand years ago.

That is all for today! 

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, sis! Glad to hear you're moving in the right direction. Maybe we can both lose weight together but apart, lol. Keep it up, if anyone can do this, it's you, The Lady.

    ReplyDelete