Thursday, November 1, 2012

It gets worse, before it gets better...

Well, I haven't blogged in quite a few days.  The reason is because man-alive, I have had some really rough days. 
Headaches, nausea, pain, stiffness...
I have been going through my new treatment program, and while it is worse the past few days,  I actually feel myself getting better.  Yesterday, I actually didn't have ANY pain at all until about 3pm.  It was amazing.  I felt great.  Today, was good too, not awesome, but I'll take good, ok, decent, any day of the week.

One of the things I have to do during my treatment is lay on my back on this hard foam roll and roll up and down on the ground.  The first day my myofascial pain was so bad I couldn't do it.  Today, I did it for like 4 minutes!  I have only been going for 2 weeks and already this has improved from 0 minutes to 4.

Also, my neck (that I hate, because it is so painful) has lost some of its knots.  I am getting trigger point injections, (the ones I do are botanical, not corticosteroids) which have released some of the adhesion's in my muscles knots.  It is amazing.  I still have a long way to go, but you guys, this is working. 

Also, I have a reverse curve in my neck from a car accident a million years ago, coupled with sitting at a computer...and all the things I do to encourage poor posture.  I have to stand on a vibrating machine with a weighted headband to encourage my muscles in my neck to go the right way.  This has been proven (with a balanced diet and exercise) to significantly decrease the pain from fibromyalgia in women.

I also put my neck in traction and do vibration as well, this is to help with fibro while helping my neck to loosen up.

Next week I should get the results from my ALCAT.  I have done some research on this.  I have found that peoples lives have changed completely.  This is what I am hoping for.  However, dependant upon my intolerance I have to change my life completely to have my life be changed.  I am ready for this.  No more pain, no more sleepless nights, weight loss comes easy once you change your habits based on your ALCAT results.  That I am ok with as well. 

I have to say, I am excited, I am ready and I am still hopeful.  The few bad days to get to the good are worth it.  I do have to talk myself into going to the clinic because I know it is hard work, and I usually come out feeling worn out, and sore.

I look forward to a healthy weekend, and starting back up at it again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment